JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
950 WEST 41ST AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V5Z 2N7
Kinesiologist & Personal Trainer
To conduct health & fitness assessments, develop and deliver fitness programs to a wide variety of clientele.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Conduct fitness assessments: Fitness, health, posture, body composition, prepare and interpret reports.
• Personal Training: Develop and deliver personalized fitness programs: Based on assessments, best practices and current research.
• Fitness centre supervisory shifts may be available.
• Degree or certificate in Human Kinetics, Kinesiology or related field, and/or advanced level certifications
• Certificate (CSEP) and advanced Skills conducting various fitness assessments: Body composition, performance, health, fitness & posture.
• 3+ yrs Personal Training
• BCRPA Personal Training Registration (or equivalent)
• Current First Aid and CPR
Experience & abilities:
• Group classes and small group training experience an asset
• Experience in a customer service related industry is an asset
• Ability to multitask and work independently
• Creative and critical thinking
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web based programs
Of at least 15 hours per week availability for assessments & personal training sessions.
Position Start Date: immediately.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com 
Subject line: JCC Kinesiologist / Personal Trainer
Interviews begin early July for immediate start date. Thank you for your submission, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
JCC Cherie Smith Jewish Book Festival Director
Position Summary: The JCC Jewish Book Festival Director organizes, curates and executes an
annual six day literary Festival and year-round literary programs at the JCC, the purpose of which is
to enhance the role of arts and culture in the community, to nurture a positive identification with
Jewish life and Israel, and to encourage leadership and community engagement in cultural,
educational and social activities.
Hours: Part- Time
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Plan, organize, promote, implement and evaluate the Jewish Book Festival and literary reading
programs during the year.
• Liaise with writers, publishers to curate Festival and year round events.
• Create a realistic budget for literary readings and Jewish Book Festival and maintain this
• Apply for appropriate grants, explore funding possibilities, lead private and corporate sector
• Outreach to Jewish and secular organizations to increase audiences and support of programs.
• Work with a lay leader committee and volunteers.
• Recruit and supervise contract staff.
• Attend JCC staff meetings and program coordinator meetings.
• Produce the Festival program guide and related content for the JCC Program Guide.
• Create and operate viral promo campaigns using social media and web-based newsletter tools.
Skills and Abilities:
• Superior communication - written and verbal.
• Promotion and marketing - online and traditional media.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Passion for literature, arts and culture.
• Strong supervision skills with volunteers and contract staff.
• Leadership, self-motivated, able to work independently, seeking help when necessary.
• Team player within the JCC to see the JCC as a whole, conscious of its mission statement.
• Exceptional knowledge of Jewish culture and literature.
• Ability to work with a wide range of people, artists, musicians, community leaders, board
members, staff of JCC, other organizations and with members of the community.
• Strong computer skill – Microsoft, Excel etc.
Education and/or work experience in a field related to event management, arts and culture
Position Start Date: June 15, 2105
Send resumes to:
Deborah Setton Tabenkin, Program Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Thursday, June 10, 2015, 4pm
Only successful applicants will be notified
Lesson Instructor / Lifeguard
Regular— Part Time
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is currently recruiting enthusiastic Lesson Instructors and Lifeguards to join our professional Aquatics team.
National Lifeguard Service (Pool Option)
Water Safety Instructor
Standard First Aid (within 2 year)
CPR C / AED (within 1 year)
17 years old
Previous experience as a lifeguard / instructor
LSI and or additional advanced certifications
BCRPA or CALA Aquafit certifiction
All candidates that meet the above criteria will be invited to attend a skills screening session:
Sunday June 7, 2014—2pm
Lifeguard Candidates will be asked to complete a variety of tasks, in and out of the water which will assess their suitability to join out Aquatics team. We will be looking for well rounded candidates who display strong skills in the areas of teamwork, communication, maturity, creativity, enthusiasm, instruction and swimming ability.
Submit a Resume to the Pool Office today!
Or email email@example.com